So I was hesitant to have a series like this because I do not want to promote consumerism and superficiality in beauty (seriously) but I cannot resist talking about my favourite beauty products .. because I love them so and in their own small, perfect ways they do make me feel beautiful.
1. Chanel Inimitable Mascara. Why? Because Chanel is such a classy, elegant brand and because the ethos of the original Mademoiselle Coco still rings true today. She was a smart woman, an innovative and practical woman who was not afraid to rebuke the rules. Many might argue today that the Chanel brand is only synonymous with aristocracy but let’s remember it is a couture house and thus imbedded in artistic excellence and dedication to quality and originality. www.chanel.com
2. Korres Yoghurt Mask. Why? A) I am obsessed with all things Greek. B) I adore the scent of milk and yoghurt and this has this aplenty. C) It really soothes and plumps my skin and is perfect after a dehydrating flight. D) Did I say I adore the scent? www.korres.com and www.kitcosmetics.com
3. Kevin Murphy Angel Wash and Rinse. Why? I love the cute pink bottles – like children’s building blocks. I love the scent – like soft fruit and sugar. I love that it makes my hair so soft and baby-like. And I love that it is called Angel. Adore Beauty
4. Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream. Why? First, let me tell you (whoever ‘you’ lovelies are) that I am obsessed with cleansers. To me they are the ultimate feel-good, therapeutic, wash the day away beauty product. Perhaps because I have oily skin and do feel the need to cleanse more than some, but also because there is something so calming about washing my face with an indulgent, high quality cleansing product. I could go on for ages about this and list my favourite cleansers (a separate post methinks?) but to begin with I choose Dr. H … but back to the ‘why’. I have a funny thing for products which come in old-fashioned metal tubes (I also love Jurlique funnily enough) and cleansers which are non-foaming. So I love this … plus it works which is also a pretty good reason to love something. Adore Beauty
5. Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear. Why? I have been using this for years – what a fabulous, innovative Australian company. My skin looks like it belongs in Scandinavia not sun-happy Australia so I need something like this, which cares for sensitive skin and is made with integrity (I think so anyway). Adore Beauty